Woodpecker Apex Locator Woodpex III Gold FREE Endo Explorer DG16
Woodpecker Woodpex 3 Gold Standard is a highly efficient electronic apex locator that helps the dentist in accurately determining the working length to carry out endodontic treatment. The use of apex locators has various advantages over the conventional methods of working length determination and locating the apical constriction.
The 4th generation Woodpex 3 is the best apex locator equipped with a clear bright LCD that displays a clear image and different colours to indicate the file trajectory. The working of the device is based on advanced multiple frequency network impedance measurement technology. Moreover, automatic calibrating ensures that the measurements are accurate. The apex locator parts are autoclavable, thereby making it possible to reduce the risk of cross infection. The rechargeable battery incorporated in the device enhances ease of use and eliminates the need for replacement of the battery repeatedly. This endodontic equipment’s display can be folded to facilitate better viewing.
- Bright and clear LCD
- Accurate measurements with advanced multiple frequency network impedance measurement technology
- Automatic calibrating ensures accurate measurements
- Autoclavable accessories
- Fourth Generation apex locator
- Ergonomic design, compact and stable
- Real time display of file movement inside the canal
- Coloured LCD screen
- Piezoelectric buzzer
- Self-check circuit that guarantees accuracy
- Measurement free from file thickness
- Sound changes to indicate position of the file in the canal
- DC battery operated
- File contact point made from high quality material
- Battery: 3.7V/750mAh
- Adapter: 100V – 240V 501-Iz/60Hz
- Power consumption: 50.5W
- Screen: 4.5″ LCD
- Buzzer alert: The buzzer will alert when the endo file is less than 2mm to the apex
- Environment temperature: +5°C to +40:C
- Relative humidity: 580%
- Atmosphere pressure: 50kPa to 106kPa
- Main unit net weight: 336g
- Main unit gross weight: 360g Unit
- Dimension: 84mm x 88mm x 112mm
Steps for using Woodpecker Woodpex III Apex Locator
- When the file reaches the front region of the apical foramen, the white bars are displayed.
- When the file has gone to the position near by the apical foramen, the green bars are displayed.
- When the file has exceeded the apical foramen, the red bars are displayed. A continuous beep sound will be generated at the same time.
- The device must be tested every two weeks with the tester included in the package.
- The tester is inserted into the measuring socket
- A reading off “02”, “03” or “04” indicates that the device is in good working condition
Directions for use:
- Ensure that the coronal 1/3rd of the root canal is cleaned
- Place the lip hook in the corner of the patients mouth
- Hook the file clip on to the endodontic file
- Slowly advance the file down the root canal
- Real time movement of the file can be seen on the display
- There will be a continuous alarm once the distance is less than 2mm
- “0” indicates the file has reached the apical foramen
- Negative values (-1, -2 etc.) are indications that the tip of the file has gone beyond the apical foramen into the surrounding periodontium
- When measuring lengths in molar teeth, any inconvenience in using the file clip can be solved by using the touch probe.
- Without changing the position of the rubber stopper remove the file and measure it using an endogauge to determine the working length for the procedure.
Challenges in working length determination:
Blood filled in the canal
The gingiva is in a conductive state
Re-measure after the arrest of bleeding
Conduction between root canal and gingiva
Insulate the gingiva or remove hyperplastic gingiva
Gutta percha in root canal
GP causes insulation
Remove GP, clean the canal, inject some normal saline and re-measure
Metal crown or other metal restoration
File contacts metal and causes conduction
Enlarge the access cavity so as to prevent contact
Extremely dry root canal
Root canal is insulative
Inject a small amount of saline and re-measure
- Main Unit- 1
- Measuring Wire-1
- File Clip – 2
- Lip Hook – 2
- Measuring File – 2
- Instruction Manual – 1
- Qualified Certificate -1
- Warranty Card -1
- Packing List -1
5 year Warranty (from the date of invoice) on PCB (Power Circuit Board) and 12 months warranty is applicable on all the parts of the product excluding physical damage.